The men of Epsilon Mu have prevailed over trying times this last year, and the future looks very bright. We are now ranked third among all male fraternities on campus academically, well above the all men’s and all fraternity average. An extremely solid core group of Brothers leads the Chapter into the Spring 2010 semester. These men, paired with the support of Alumni and a strong recruitment plan, gives the Delta Tau Delta slogan, “Our past is bright, our future is brilliant” new meaning.
Strong academics hold the utmost priority at Delta Tau Delta. We believe that a college man’s primary responsibility is to obtain the best possible education. This unique emphasis on performance in the classroom has resulted in outstanding individual and chapter wide performance.
Delta Tau Delta believes that a student’s academic performance can determine what opportunities will be available to him upon graduation and a serious young man should therefore strive for excellence in education. Consequently, academics are a serious area of endeavor for EPSILON MU chapter.
Chapter Primary Goal: For individual members to reach their academic potential, encouraged by a positive and supportive academic environment.
– That each member has an appreciation for scholarly endeavors, learns scholastic skills and becomes a scholar in his own major.
– That each member has an appreciation of the opportunities in the chapter, on campus and in the community for cultural enrichment.
– That new members are given direction and expectations appropriate for maximum academic achievement as a new member of the Fraternity.
– That members are given unique opportunities to achieve their full academic potential.
– That high academic achievers receive appropriate attention regarding their achievements and their value in molding the chapter’s academic environment.
– That low academic achievers receive appropriate attention regarding their special academic needs but not be allowed to lower or control the academic quality of the chapter.
– That chapter academic programming follow a master plan extending from rush through pledge and member education. A plan that enhances achievement of career goals while promoting the skills and habits of successful living, balancing the needs of mind, body, and spirit will prove to be the most successful.
Areas in which the fraternity is conducive to performance in the classroom:
-Wireless Internet Access throughout the House
-Study tables every night of the week
-Academic Teams to build accountability among the brotherhood and academic enthusiasm
-Same major brothers pair up, to aid each other academically and keep each other accountable
-The most important aspect: Other brothers willing and eager to help.